It calls for combined efforts to build a peaceful and cohesive Kenya and it is this reality that underpins the inception of Peace Advocacy Project.
Peace amongst the Kenyan community has been Peace Advocacy Project’s goal since it’s inception in 2012. We have therefore been engaged in peace building in most parts of the country. We have adopted peace lobbying and advocacy as a tool in championing the course of peaceful coexistence within communities in our country.
We have adopted intervention mechanisms such as:
- Peace Walks
- Peace Forums
- Peace Cultural Galas
- Consultative Security Forums
- Peace campaigns
- Advocacy and Conflict mediation
- Peace Sports Tournaments
- Eldoret to Kakamega Peace Walk 170km via Kapsabet on 22nd-25th February 2012.
- Kaimosi to Muhoroni Peace Walk 110km via Nandi 25th – 27th May 2012,
- Embu to Meru Peace Walk 100km via Chuka on 18th – 21st September 2012.
- Maralal to Baragoi Peace Walk 150km via Marti on 27th – 31st May 2013
- Bungoma to Kapenguria Peace Walk via Kitale on 16th to 21st September 2013
- Turkana Cultural Festival in Lodwar on 17th to 21st December 2013
- Sotik to Migori Peace Walk 130km via Kisii on 17th to 21st September 2014.
- Embu to Nairobi Peace Walk 145km 17th to 21st September 2014.
- Marsabit Peace Caravan on 16th to 21st July 2015
- Eldoret to Kitale Peace Walk 80km on 17th to 21st October 2015
- Mt Elgon Peace walk on 19 October 2016–23 October 2016