Since the inception of the Mentor and Mentee project, the programn has seen us succesfully completed the four year tenure with Senetwo Secondary School in West Pokot County. During this four years, the program has been able to achieve various milestones such as: building of classes and sanitary blocks for the students, thanks to the generous donation of our members, the school has enough text books and revision books. The students grades and self-esteem improved immensely too. The students were able to discover and own their talents too. The girls had a supply of sanitary towels throughout their school stay (the school is now an all-boys school). Before we left the school, we left them with first aid skills and life skills such as mat making, soap making, snack making and beading.
This year 2018, we launched the program in a school called Kiamunyuru Secondary School in Gatarakwa location, Nyeri county. The school has a total of 107 students, 45 girls and 62 boys. During our four years in the school, we hope to achieve the following, improve the students grades and self esteem, help in talent development of the students, cultivate a reading culture in the school and to impart them with first aid and life skills.
In Hindi secondary school in Lamu county and Ngubereti secondary school in Baringo county, we have seen imorovement in the students grades and self esteem. In terms of talent,most students are aware of their talents and every year, there is a talent show in which Mr and Miss Peace are selected. Through the help of other departments, we have been able to establish clubs such as; enviromental club, peace club, health club and journalism club. The girls have also been receiving sanitary towels. We hope that by the end of our four years we will leave them with life skills and first aid skills
- Over 600 mentors mobilized, screened, trained and engaged as project volunteers.
- Over 560 mentees recruited from the three secondary schools.
- Over 15 mentorship visits organized for mentors to meet their mentees.
- Basic conflict management trainings organised for both mentors and mentees.
- Mentors and mentees sessions on reproductive health, HIV and AIDS, GBV, Career Choices, Human Rights, Entrepreneurship and Talent Development organised.
- Books, learning materials and games equipment provided to our mentee schools
- Our mentee girls provided with sanitary towels every school month
- Building of a sanitation block as well as completion of a learning block in Christ the King Secondary school in West Pokot.
Senetwo Secondary School
West Pokot County
The project was incepted in May 2014 and ended in 2017. Christ the King Senetwo Secondary School- West Pokot being the pioneer. The school is 1hrs drive from Kapenguria town near Chepararia Centre.
Ngubereti Secondary School
Launched in May 2015 being the 2nd school to benefit from the project. Ngubereti Secondary School is in Baringo County . hour drive from Mogotio town.
Hindi Secondary School
Launched in February 2016 being the 3rd school to benefit from the project. Hindi Secondary School is in Lamu County.
Kimunyuru Secondary School Gatarakwa, Nyeri County
Launched in March 2018 being the 4rd school to benefit from the project. Kimunyuru Secondary School is in Kieni west , Gataragwa Nyeri County.