Peace Ambassadors Integration Organization (PAMBIO) is an independent Kenyan non-profit that works to build the capacity of communities for peace full interactions by enhancing commitment to peaceful relations, ethical behavior and respect for one another.
Pambio does not charge a fee at any stage of the hiring process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other). – Official communication from the Peace Ambassadors Integration Organization will always come from e-mails ending in @pambio.org
Tenure: 1 year
Project Coordinator: Life Skills Development Project
All individuals who meet the specific requirements for the advertised position are encouraged to apply by sending a covering letter detailing their qualifications and a copy of their curriculum vitae. Applications should be addressed to the Chairman Board of Directors, Peace Ambassadors Integration Organization. All applications should made via email@example.com by close of business Wednesday 20th July, 2018. Determined to develop and create leadership and management opportunities for our members, applications by our members will be accorded priority.
Reporting to the Director Program & Organization Development, Project Coordinator will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all project areas. The position will be a part of the peer management team that drives the overall strategy for the organization and represents PAMBIO on a local and national basis. With a national wide active projects targeting 5,000 active project participants, the Project Coordinator will initially develop deep knowledge of PAMBIO Peace Ambassadors Kenya Program, each project, operations, and strategic plan, and will focus on the following three areas: project leadership and management, external relationships, and knowledge management.
- Coordinates and provides senior-level administrative support to an ongoing PAMBIO
- Monitoring and evaluation of project to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Participates in planning and develops methods for project implementation and administration; coordinates project activities and processes.
- Reviews project records and reports of activities. Recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required
- Prepares recurring and ad hoc project reports for management use
- Assists in preparing reports, proposals, manuals, reports and other documentation as required for the project
- Participates in budget planning and is responsible for controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for the project.
- Expand revenue generating through fundraising activities and research on funding sources to support existing project budgets
- Conducts formal training or gives instruction regarding project policies and procedures.
- Interacts with organization staff and project partners and beneficiaries to promote the goals and objectives of the project
- Develops and maintains database on research studies, policy issues, etc.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Project Proposals development
Additional Specific Job Duties:
- Plans, coordinates and promotes sustainability outreach projects with our Institutional Chapters and in the community.
- Manages the Project newsletter, blog, social media and web content with direction from the Program Manager and Public Relations Officer and works with project participants on posts and articles
- Assists Program Director in Program management and developing or maintaining sustainability projects and programs (i.e., resource mobilization, relationship management, reporting, policy writing, sustainability initiatives, etc
- Represents the Organization Project to the Institutional community, government entities, professional groups, and the public through a wide variety of personal interactions and media
- Researches and collaborates with local related projects by other organizations.
- Leads the monitoring and evaluation team as well as the sustainability team in meetings and on the project
Requires a relevant bachelor’s degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated, dedicated and possess the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of project management cycle, project sustainability best practices and trends
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of or preferred experience with html, email newsletter software, Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Preferred experience in communications, event coordination, fundraising, advocacy and/or training
- Preferred experience developing processes, procedures and strategies as well as collecting data
- Preferred experience volunteering with organizations and/or managing volunteers
- Preferred experience in university clubs or non-profit environment